Schweden versuchen 9the Edition

• hi Leute glaube das es einen eigenen Thread verdient hat hier die ersten Post's die auch wichtig sind,

Hi folks!

With the coming of Sigmar Games Workshop allows us to play with whatever rules we want. As a competitive gamer and warhammer enthusiast (been playing for 19 years), I want the ninth edition of the game, developed by people that actually know the game. TheNigthAge will bring you this!

The main idea is to cover all things from 8th edition and in the long run rework the armies. The first release will give you a new rulebook, most things will be kept the same, just rephrasing of rules to let people understand the rules more easily. The main focus will be to get a simple system that cant be misunderstood. Spells will be reworked, misscasts will be reworked (more punishing for using more dices and less punishing when using less dices).

In the long run all units will be worked, spearmens will be cheaper while warlocks will be more expensive as an example. All armies will get larger updates (brettonia and beastmen needs this the most). The statslines will be stay the same while the special rules and point costs of the models might change.

In the future there will be webpage with everything gathered, updated FAQs and such, everything free of charge. Rules will be released and updated every third month. The first realease will be just before ETC 2015.

All feedback will be appreciated and you will always reach us at TheNinthAge( a t]gmail.com

EDIT
    Razon had a good point, who are we?
    My name is Johan Lagmo and have been playing the game for 19 years. The last five years I have been playing for the swedish ETC team with 5 different races (including this year). I was one of the founders for the swedish comp system, but later fell off that wagon.
    I am soon to be 27 years old and I have a masters in Biotechnology. For the last two years I have been working as a developing engineer fo a biotech company. I and two friends have a videocast called outside the box on youtube. check some videos of us and get an idea of our view of the game. there is also a longer introduction to who I am there. Then there will be one more person involved in this. It is the Kaj, another swedish ETC player and he can introduce himself

7k Kdc
    6k Woodis

Hossa Baby!

• Small update

Work on "the ninth age" (suggestions for better name?) is ongoing as we speak. Basically it will be an updated version of 8th warhammer. Pretty much like how 7th edition was an updated version of 6th.

Personally I believe the best chance of saving the type warhammer we love is community driven rulebook and armybooks. If done right, such project could give us precisely what we have always wished for GW to be (writing competitive game, balance updates, writers that are in touch with the community etc).

It such project is to have any chance of success, we need a large player base, thus we want to maximise the number of people transiting to this. We therefore strive to create a version of warhammer that is close enough to 8th for people to still see it as warhammer and be able to pick it up and try it out without too much rules reading beforehand. But we still want to add some new stuff, both to create something to get people exited about trying it out, but also for improving the game.

So,
    1. Rewriting rules for broken parts of the game, keeping the parts that works and changing the parts that do not
    2. Small updates to rules with minor issues
    3. New lores (keep some spells, around 30-40% new spells for each lore, updates to attributes, casting values etc where needed)
    4. New magic items (both common and race specific, again keep some, add some new stuff)
    5. New points costs for very strong/weak units (maybe rules changes in a few cases)
    6. Possibly add new unit entries to match new models released for AoS.

Eventually we want to have an international committee, with representation from various communities, for deciding on all updates, rules changes, maybe even create new armybooks. Creating such committee would take time however (especially with most community representatives preparing for ETC at the moment), and releasing this soon seem important if we are to not lose to many players. On top of this, larger groups tend to work slower, so again creating a committee at this time is not optimal. We therefore intend to get the ball rolling and ASAP publish an alpha-version including points 1-5 (probably only points changes to the most imbalanced units in this version). Goal is to get this out before ETC (beginning of August), with a few sneak-peak pre-releases of some stuff during the next few weeks to get some hype going and show that works being done. If alpha-version is received well, we can then start to gather a committee and with this create a beta version based on feedback on the alpha version.

/Erik

7k Kdc
    6k Woodis

Hossa Baby!

• Wie gesagt gleiches Projekt läuft schon hier mit gleichen Zielen, aber leider weniger Bekanntheitsgrad... ;(

Falls ihr Lust habt bei unserem Projekt mitzumachen, schaut einfach vorbei und schreibt rein, wir sind schon mitten in der Arbeit

Threat ist hier :]

Warhammer 9 Edition Projekt: Hier
    Clownlike und meine Bastelstube: Hier

• Danke für den Thread und für diese Information! Mehr denn je ist es notwendig, Optionen und Alternativen für den einzelnen Spieler zu entwickeln und aufzuzeigen. Das Ansinnen dieser Leute ist zweifellos ambitioniert, man darf auf Ergebnisse gespannt sein. Die Grundlagen und Erfahrungen dieser Spieler spiegeln sich in den dargestellten Ideen und Konzepten wider. Sehr spannend, ich ( und ich denke manch anderer, gerade auch aus meinem persönlichen Spielerumfeld ) werde das gerne verfolgen :) !

8000 Pkt Zwerge
    6000 Pkt Tiermenschen
    X Kisten Khemri ;(
    Chaoszwerge auf Wunschzettel

Zitat

Kurtz: Did they say why, Willard, why they want to terminate my command?
    Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.
    Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
    Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
    Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
    Willard: I don't see any method at all, sir.

• Ich würde mich hier mal offiziell anbieten die Übersetzung ins Deutsche zu übernehmen. Wenn gewünscht kann ich auch den Austausch zwischen den Foren übernehmen.

Absoluter Support von meiner Seite für beide Varianten.

Universal Battle: Aemkei81

9k Druchii
    8k Khemri

• Das ist eine gute sache Aem wäre Cool wenn du das machst da ja mein English so Sch....ist sonnst würde ich das übernehmen.Von mir und ich denke von vielen anderen werden die jungs auch die volle unterstützung bekommen egal wie finde die idee sehr sehr lobenswert und vor allem kann da auch was vernüftiges bei heraus kommen.Als ich gestern das Spiel mit Jack gemacht habe war ich sehr frustiert von diesem Aos Quatsch und habe mir gedacht das kann es doch nicht sein.Mit dem vorhaben von den Schweden Kommt ein Lichtblick der uns allen denke ich gefällt und weiter hoffen lässt das dieses sehr schöne spiel nicht zerstört wird.

7k Kdc
    6k Woodis

Hossa Baby!

• Finde ich sau stark von euch das ihr das hier gepostet habt :) mir liegt AOS auch nciht ich finde es totaler Käse und ich liebe mein Warhammer wie es war :) Aem das mit ner übersetzung wäre sehr stark würde mich freuen :)
    Gruß T4nni

• Auch wenn ich zu oft Projekte im Sande verlaufen gesehen habe, die Junx können bestimmt was.

Wenn die Regeln fertig sind und übersetzt, könnte man sogar über nen kleinen Print on demand Verlag das ganze Binden lassen. Wären bei annehmbarer SchwarzWeiss- Ausgabe so 15.00 € wahrscheinlich.

• ich denke auf jeden fall das was ordentliches bei heraus kommt wird nur etwas dauern aber das ergebniss wird sicherlich gut,Jo mal sehn vieleicht gibt es dann die Regeln in Papierform zumindest als Pdf auf jeden fall

7k Kdc
    6k Woodis

Hossa Baby!

• Wir werden sehen was dabei Heraus kommt ich bleibe dort am Ball da es für mich und ich sage klar hier Für mich vorerst die einzige Möglichkeit ist mit dem ich auch in zukunft Spaß am spiel haben werde.Ich traue ihnen einiges zu und sehe auch bei Ub das sich die Teams weitest gehend von Aos Distanzieren was dies wiederum für Auswirkungen hat weis bisher niemand.Ob Etc dann sagt wir bleiben in der 8then edition und sich kurz schliessen mit den Schweden oder gar dem Gesamten Etc Teams oder eben ob sie sagen wir gehen mit Aos egal was kommt.Bleibt abzuwarten dies wird aber wiederum erst nach der diesjährigen Etc in's rollen gebracht so meine einschätzung,ich denke jedoch stark das wenn die Teams sich von Aos Distanzieren das es nur 3 möglichkeiten gibt.Möglichkeit A. Der Etc Stab lenkt ein und wird weiter mit der 8then und zusatz updates spielen,Möglichkeit B. Sie gehen Mit Aos und Vertreiben sehr viele von den Teams Möglichkeit C. Die Spieler lenken dann ein und Spielen Aos wobei dies eher die unwarscheinlichste Variante ist.

7k Kdc
    6k Woodis

Hossa Baby!

• ich will euch das nicht vorenthalten was ein User Bezüglich auf den Thread geschrieben hat:-).

First time poster. Wanted to express my gratitude and approval for undertaking this project. This is why I believe that the fact GW no longer supports WHFB is good for the game. Let the gamers who really cares about the game be in charge of its development. Not the suits at GW.

excited for the future.

Finde das trifft es ganz gut.

Wir werden wohl mit den ersten ergebnissen nach der Etc die ja anfang august sein wird Rechnen können.

7k Kdc
    6k Woodis

Hossa Baby!

• Ich denke das wird ne ganze Weile dauern. Sowas ist ein echtes Mammutprojekt, auch für erfahrene Spieler.

You have ruled this Galaxy for ten thousand years.
    Yet have little of account, to show for your efforts.
    Order. Unity. Obediance.
    We taught the Galaxy these Things.

And shall do so again.
    XV XII XIV VI XII I

• @ Shaitaan,wir rechnen nach der Diesjährigen Etc mit ersten ergebnissen aber allgemein denke ich wird es dauern bis etwas heraus kommt,dieses wird sicherlich dann getestet werden müssen und nach und nach verbessert bis es wirklich komplett reif ist und alles rund läuft kann auch mal 1 jahr vergehen wobei ich hier denke das es schneller gehen kann.Ich bleibe aber dort am ball und schaue Täglich wenn es irgend etwas neues gibt werde ich es hier Posten.

Shurion So sieht es aus.

7k Kdc
    6k Woodis

Hossa Baby!